Enchanted Illusions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enchanted Illusions

Enchanted Illusions Studio Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kara no Kyoukai

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KindaMayvelle

KindaMayvelle

Kara no Kyoukai Empty
PostSubject: Kara no Kyoukai   Kara no Kyoukai I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Okay, so I've been watching this series and downloading the episodes for editing...and I just finished movie 5...

ZOMG IT MADE ME CRY. ;_____; You know, for only being in this one movie, Tomoe just stole my freaking heart. I like Mikiya, but I am now a Tomoe and Shiki shipper! *Waves tattered flag*

It's too bad he died, though. Eeeeehhh, the ending was saaaddddd...and the episode itself confused me until the very end, and then I was like "OHHHHH, I get it!!!"

Soooo, who else here has seen any of the series? What'd you think of it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/KindaMayvelle
DarkGoddess
Admin
DarkGoddess

Kara no Kyoukai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara no Kyoukai   Kara no Kyoukai I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:30 pm

Oh, I adored these movies! You're right, the ending was fantastically done, yet so sad. I was going to be so mad if either of them died, but thankfully the creator kept them alive Smile I also loved the romance aspect behind this show. The two of them were adorable!

And I liked Tomoe too! I'm glad I'm not the only one lol.

Though I have to say, I couldn't really find the plot of this series. While it was widely entertaining, I still couldn't find what the whole point of it was XD Maybe it was jut that it was trying to prove that even someone as dark and brooding as Shiki could become a good person?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkGoddess487
KindaMayvelle

KindaMayvelle

Kara no Kyoukai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara no Kyoukai   Kara no Kyoukai I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:01 pm

I took something a little more philosophical from it. It had a whole theme around the 'origin', and that what you were in the past you are now (EG Lio and the predators, CREEPY!) and that once you lose your ignorance about reality, there's no getting it back -- like lost innocence. Also, the whole deal with 'you can only kill one person in your lifetime'. It seemed to me it meant the only one you could kill was yourself -- either through suicide or losing your humanity by murdering someone else, and again, kind of a loss of innocence kind of deal. If you kill yourself, you'll only recover that tragedy in a future life if you discover your 'origin', and if you murder someone you lose what makes you a person. I believe Touko once said something about how we don't sin, but that we carry the sins of the path we chose...

Also, it kind of tried to push that everything was inevitable -- who you are, decided at birth, puts you on a track that you can't get off of, because the choices you make were pre-determined by who you are. Tomoe was a great manifestation of that. Araya was all like, "you are a fake, your feelings for Ryougi were programmed into you so you would make the choices you made". And he did make those choices, because he followed who he was and how he felt -- like a doll (XD Touko reference!) It is a bit ironic that the person guiding the main characters, Touko, was a doll-maker. I think that was intentional.

Damn, no wonder the title means Garden of Sinners. XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/KindaMayvelle
Sponsored content

Kara no Kyoukai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara no Kyoukai   Kara no Kyoukai I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kara no Kyoukai
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Enchanted Illusions :: Spam :: Anime/Manga Chat-
Jump to: